MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE
Americas small business is the backbone of our economic culture. Small business is the first to suffer in an economic downturn and the first to recover. The dreams and passions of the entrepreneur helps sustain our local economies. You can invest in those dreams and help them come true.
YOUR INVESTMENT HELPS EAST TENNESSEE
SCORE is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to the education, growth and development of new business start ups and existing small businesses as well as non profit organizations. SCORE is a resource partner with the US Small Business Administration. Nationally, SCORE has 389 chapters and 10,500 volunteers across the country. In Tennessee there are five SCORE chapters. Locally, the Greater Knoxville SCORE Chapter with over 43 experienced business men and women, volunteer their time to work with small business owners and nonprofit organizations. Our service area covers 18 East Tennessee counties including Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Cumberland, Fentress, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier and Union.
YOUR INVESTMENT HELPS LOCAL BUSINESSES SUCCEED
Your investment will make available the skills and talents of a significant number of experienced business men and women to provide consulting, counseling and mentoring to the small business owners and managers in your neighborhood.
WHAT IS THE "VALUE ADDED" OF SCORE COUNSELING
Productive consulting is expensive. You probably have experienced the high cost of consulting and can estimate the hourly rate for this service. Counseling and sound mentoring is priceless. The capability of this free service from SCORE results from the years of experience of the over 40 volunteer members. These members freely volunteer their time for counseling, mentoring and/or providing beneficial practical workshops. The combined work experience of the local members adds up to over 2 1/2 million man-hours of executive business transactions in all types of business environments. Take a look at some of the BIOS.
THE SOURCE OF FUNDS ENABLING SCORE SERVICES
- SCORE, as a resource partner of the Small Business Administration, is provided an office, telephone and office operating funding.
- Knoxville SCORE's newly published eBook, How to Start and Grow a Business in Tennessee, is now being marketed on the Internet. This is a great reference for those clients who have sufficient Internet skills to take advantage of all of the excellent references provided. These clients would save considerable workshop attendance time and concentrate on any required face to face or email counseling.
- Knoxville SCORE receives limited funds for providing links to appropriate products on our web site for nominal fees on an annual basis. Our web site had over 202,000 unique visits in CY2010 and has seen significant increases since 2007.
- Workshop facilities for our workshop, See our workshop schedule by clicking HERE.
- Sponsors and local Chambers of Commerce provide funds for the provision of local workshops including Lunch and Learn series in various counties in our service area.
- Partnering banks have provided funds for the development, maintenance and continued improvement of our local SCORE web site.
HOW CAN I INVEST IN THE LOCAL SCORE CHAPTER
There are many ways to help businesses in East Tennessee by enabling SCORE’s programs. Creative donations of services or support are welcome, in addition to direct funding. Contact the SCORE Office Administrator, Larry Jones, at 865-692-0716 or by email for a personal discussion. Creative ideas are welcomed in order to enhance our service to the small business community.
The SCORE Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization.