If you are interested in becoming a cosmetologist you may want to consider obtaining your training from the Tenesssee School of Beauty. Their President, Adam Brown, guarantees that you will make more money than the cost of your tuition, in less time than it took you to complete their training or the Tennessee School of Beaut will refund 100% of your tuition. Some other facts of interest:
- They have a 100% placement record – having never failed to place one of their graduates in a Cosmetology related job during their 72 years of existence.
- They are nationally accredited with the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences as well as by the Tennessee Board of Cosmetology. The Tennessee School of Beauty is the current East Tennessee site for the Tennessee State Board of Cosmetology Examination
- Their school has a physical facility of over 17,000 square fee in a safe, will-lighted shopping center, and have a student-teacher ratio of better than 15 to 1.
- The tuition cost for a complete Cosmetology course of training is $5.995. The total amount of tuition is due on the first day of class. The training program includes basic training in every beauty salon service from hair to skin care to nails. They also teach a very detailed class on how to open your own salon. Over 1,000 of their graduates are now salon owners.
- Other costs include a training kit ($750); lab coat ($32); locker ($10); all to be paid before starting a class and expendable items ($50) which you will need to pay for during the school year.
Two budget plans are available:
1. $1,595 initially and $125 weekly. Includes a one time finance charge of $220
2. $2,995 initially and $375 monthly. Includes a one time finance charge of $150.
The “Hope Scholarship” allows eligible taxpayers to receive a 100% tax credit for the first $1,000 of tuition and under certain circumstances receive up to a $1,500 tax credit, significantly reducing the net cost of your tuition.
Pell Grants are Federal Government grants you can obtain that you do not have to pay back. About half of their present students have received grants ranging from $400 to $3,300. As long as you are not in default on a previous student loan, you will be eligible to apply and hopefully qualify for Financial Aid.
The Tennessee School of Beauty will be glad to work out a payment plan for you and help you fill out a student loan application. Their financial aid office telephone number is (865) 588-7878 extension 11.
The Tennessee School of Beauty has been approved by the SLM Financial Corporation (a Sallie Mae Company to be a part of their Career Training Loan Program. Not only will this loan help you pay for school, but they will help you set up the loan so that you will only have to pay the interest while you are in school, probably less than $15 per month for each $1,000 borrowed.
Rehabilitation aid service is available to applicants who have, or have had, a physical or emotional disability. Those eligible under this program will have their full tuition paid.
The Tennessee School of Beauty is location at 4704 Western Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37921. Their telephone number is (865) 588-7878 and their web site is www.tennesseeschoolofbeauty.com