Did you know 97% of U.S. exporters are small businesses?
Download this month’s infographic to learn more about the impact of small business exporters and how you can be one.
International trade is a key driver of small business success:
- U.S. companies that export grow faster and are nearly 8.5% less likely to go out of business than non-exporting businesses
- 26% of companies that trade internationally significantly outperform their market
- But less than one percent of America’s 30 million companies export!
Small business exporters cite the following top benefits:
- Increased sales and profits
- Diversified and expanded customer base
- Increased stability in light of local economy
Becoming an exporter is easier than you think. How long it took to start exporting:
- 48% say a few weeks
- 25% say a few months
- 11% say several months
- 7% say a year or more
63% of non-exporting small businesses would be interested in exporting but have the following concerns:
- 39% say their goods are not exportable 37% don’t know how to start
- 24% worry about getting paid
- 24% cite regulatory barriers
- 15% say it will disrupt domestic sales
- 14% have intellectual property concerns 13% believe it will be too costly
- 11% worry about visas and work permits
Remember: A SCORE mentor can help you become an exporter and grow your business.