There are many books available at Knox County Public Libraries covering various aspects of non-profit
management. We suggest contacting the Lawson-McGhee Library Business Reference Desk or call (865) 215- 8722. There are also many web sites offering information and assistance.
Non-profit information sources and FREE assistance organizations:
- Foundation Center Collection-Knox County Public Library, Catherine Moirai (865) 215-8722
- Non-profit Management Center (865) 523-9131
- The Greater Knoxville SCORE Chapter provides free counseling (865) 692-0716
- The Knoxville Leadership Foundation provides free counseling to small to medium size community and faith based nonprofits who provide direct social service to at risk youth, elderly in need, welfare to work transition, addicts, ex-offenders and homeless. (865) 524-2774
The following are organizations that charge for providing assistance to nonprofits:
- Community Shares, (865) 522-1604 offers fiscal agent service for 2% of the funds passed through their organization. The funds can be simply passed through or held until needed.
- CPAs that audit and specialize in non-profit organizations include Pershing Yoakley & Associates - 673- 0844; Bacon Howard 690-0661; HG&A Associates 691-8000; Pugh & Co 769-0660; McWilliams & Co. 588- 5181 and Coulter & Justus 637-4161 (All are area code 865)
- The Great Smoky Mountain Chapter Association of Fundraising Professionals. Annual membership fee is $250. See chapter website at www.afpknoxville.org.
- Grant writing consultant – Carolyn B. Berryhill (865) 475-8241 or CarolynBerryhill@charter.net Carolyn has been a grant writer since 1975 and has experience funding for hospitals, colleges, child advocacy center, at-risk youth, telehealth, and arts/cultural programs.
- Fiscal accountability – Jane Burns, CPA. (865) 609-1261 or JaneBurns03@comcast.net
- Bookkeeping Service – Holly Fuquay, (865)938-0988 or email@example.com
- Fund raising coach – Sandy Rees, CFRE (865) 216-0083 or firstname.lastname@example.org Provides assistance to small non-profit organizations that want to grow their donor base and increase their revenues from fundraising activities.
- Business and Grants Consultant – Mary Linda Schwarzbart (865) 588-6111 or email@example.com Provides quality support services that allows each client to maximize the resources available and focus on the mission and vision of their organization.
- Strategic Planning & Board Development – Annette Winston (865)803-7959
- Board Retreats, Board Development & Strategic Planning – John Gallagher (865) 981-8235